Trading software

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Thursday's bets

The S&P took off like a rocket yesterday when Ben Bernanke announced that QE will continue. It's really a tale of two halves as Europe is a bit dodgy with Italy and other issues whereas the US is nearly hitting all time highs on the stock market. I had no open positions so I didn't win or lose either way but as I mentioned a few times recently, I certainly wouldn't be a bear on the S&P, certainly not in the short to medium term.

I've hit bet number 95 on the favourites strategy - I said I'd go for 100 bets and take a look at it. So far, the stats are:
Bets: 95
Wins: 45
Strike rate: 47%
Average Betfair SP: 2.91
Profit to Betfair SP at 5% commission: 13.53ps


While 13.53pts is a decent return, it's been tough going lately - the profit was 20pts at one stage and has fallen back lately over the last 20 or 30 bets. I've started recording the place prices lately so I'll see how that performs too. Anyway, one bet on this today, priced around 7/2. Here's Timeform's comment:

4.00 Ludlow - Ifyousayso
Dual bumper winner last term and off mark at first time of asking over hurdles at Carlisle (19f) in November. Just respectable effort last time but opening mark reasonable. Tongue tied.


No comments:

Post a Comment