Trading software

Monday, February 18, 2013

Fast Food Nation

Hi all,

Not related to betting but I watched a good movie last night:

Fast Food Nation [2007] [DVD]

It's based on a book of a similar name, which I read a number of years back:

Fast Food Nation: What The All-American Meal is Doing to the World

The book exposes all the bad practices that are happening in the fast-food industry, particularly McDonalds and the other large chains. How they mess with the food, exploit workers etc. It's quite shocking really and the film, while fictional, is based on the book and shows how a blind eye is turned to it all. I read the book a while back and while I wouldn't say it stopped me eating fast food, I certainly do it a lot less and think quite a bit about where my food comes from. I tend to avoid most processed foods these days.

While the whole horse-meat scandal was going on, I was actually reading a book called 'Not on the label':

Not On the Label: What Really Goes into the Food on Your Plate

It's a bit closer to home as it deals with Britain and while it's a few years old, it's well worth reading. The short cuts that take place are shocking and having read that book, the whole horse-meat think doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Anyway, back to the racing - there's one bet today on the favs strategy. Here's Timeform's comment:

3.05 Carlisle - Veloce
Fairly useful up to 1¾m on Flat and didn't need to match form of his runner-up effort on hurdles bow to go one better at Ayr last month (2m). This test should suit and a likely sort on handicap bow.

No comments:

Post a Comment