Trading software

Friday, February 8, 2013

Friday's bets

A good day yesterday with Pine Creek winning at 2.46 on Betfair. It was one of those interesting ones that drifted significantly on Betfair (from 2.0) but never followed suit on-course with the traditional SP being 10/11. I'm always worried when I see a drift on Betfair like that but thankfully in this case it proved unwarranted.

The financial markets have been in a funny mood lately and the S&P swung fairly wildly yesterday. It dropped right down then came back as the day progressed - I hadn't found any trades by noon so I wasn't involved but I know some people who lost a fair few quid. I'll check back later on that for any gap trades that might be available but I think the stops might have to be widened for now. It is riskier to do that but I need to allow for some volatility until the market finds its direction.

I've one bet today on the favourites strategy, Pete The Fete, in the 4.00 at Kempton. He should go off around 2/1 and a win would be nice as it would bring me back over the 20pts profit mark. Here's Timeform's comment:

Further progress, despite winning spree coming to a halt, when third in a valuable staying handicap at Warwick last month. Likely to go well again, despite further 3 lb rise.

Pete The Fete:


No comments:

Post a Comment