Trading software

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

S&P500 all time high

Feel like death warmed up this morning as I've a terrible cold and didn't get much sleep but the markets don't stop for any man so there's no point in complaining. 

The all-time high for the S&P500 was 1576 in October 2007, with the highest closing price being 1565 that same month.

We are heading in that direction again and yesterday saw another big rally to the 1530 mark:

S&P monthly chart:





Of course, any bad news will knock it off course but the whole fiscal cliff thing seems to have died down so if the news stays good, it shouldn't be long before we approach the historic highs. I've no open trades at the moment but any short term trades that I do are on the bullish side as I don't want to swim against the overall tide. It's one to watch with interest.

On the racing, there's one selection today on the favourites strategy, priced around 13/8 - here's Timeform's comment:

7.30 Kempton - Free Spin
Accounted for host of subsequent winners in a 1m maiden at Dundalk for Mick Halford in August, and good efforts in polytrack handicaps twice since (new yard latest). Drop back to 6f should suit. 

I was out running yesterday - just done around 3.5K which was fine - I won't get out today as I've a lot of work on and I have my psychology course this evening at Trinity. Wednesdays have come to be a long day but I like it and the course is going great.

Enjoy the day,

Wayne


No comments:

Post a Comment