Trading software

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Betfair trading book

I had a productive day yesterday and got most of a chapter finished on my book about trading on the exchanges. I'm a fair bit behind schedule though and need to set aside more time to write.

I'm a librarian by profession so down through the years, thousands of books have passed through my hands but only now am I coming to realise the time and effort that goes into each. Still, it's quite rewarding and the ideas are starting to flow again following a little spell of writers' block.

In the racing, I've one bet for today in the 5.45 at Southwell: Club House

 I'm hoping get 5/2 or thereabouts on this two-year-old which, unusually, has been gelded already. First Serve is the obvious danger to the bet but here's what Timeform have to say about the selection:

From family of high class 1½m performer Shirocco. Consistent efforts all starts over 6f in maidens/nursery, finding frame in last 3, though not certain drop in trip suits with headgear now fitted.

****

Couldn't find any decent trading opportunities in the markets this morning - it's a quiet time of the year generally and trading volumes are quite low which often makes it tricky. I've no open positions at the moment so I'll continue to spend my time reading a few books and what not.

***

Finally, just wanted to make my readers aware of an excellent blog post by a mate of mine.

Anyone with an online presence (which is most people these days) should find plenty of food for thought and it is well worth a read:

http://deisesupes.wordpress.com/2012/08/14/a-scattered-mess-of-opinions-definitely-not-related-to-marketing/

Best of luck with whatever you do today and drive safely if you are on the roads - the weather is supposed to get mental later.

Wayne


No comments:

Post a Comment