Trading software

Thursday, October 4, 2012

A trip to Paris for the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe?

Fancied having a bet today but having gone through all the cards for a couple of hours this morning, I simply couldn't find anything that seemed overpriced so once again, no bets today.

I haven't had a bet since Saturday and the little devil gambler on one shoulder is whispering in my ear to have a fun bet just for some action - but there's no fun in losing money so I'll keep the gun powder dry for another time and sit it out. Betting out of boredom is a quick way to the poorhouse but it's surprisingly difficult to resist sometimes. But when you don't really fancy anything, it's best to stay away. Good opportunities don' arise every day and sometimes, a week or more will go by before something catches my eye.

Looking forward to the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe this weekend in Paris. It's a fairly big deal to see Frankie Dettori ride Camelot - the last time he rode for O'Brien was Scorpion back in 2005. Tensions between them and Coolmore have eased over the years but I was still a little surprised. At this stage, I'm leaning towards Camelot although I'm not certain the price is great. 

 Last night, I got it into my head that I wanted to go and checked out some flights for me and my daughter (the missus is working). There were some pretty good deals last night on Ryanair - But they were GONE this morning when I went to book. I'm fuming and I should have just booked there and then.  I'm now not sure if I want to pay a great deal of money for something that was pretty cheap a few hours ago. I'll think more about it today - I've short sold the Dow and the S&P500 and will get out if or when they hit last night's close price. Those trades would earn me a couple of ton if they went right so I'll decide later if I'm going to Paris or not - but at this stage, I'd say it's unlikely.  Still thinking of going to Ascot for Frankel soon though. 

Best of luck if you're backing or trading today. 

***

 Frankie Dettori, who rides Camelot on Sunday:

 



No comments:

Post a Comment