Trading software

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wednesday's bets, trading oil, the S&P500 gap trade

Very much a mixed bag yesterday - both my horses won which was great. The prices were short enough and I got both at just over even money but it was a nice little boost to the overall funds as my trade on the Dow saw me get whipsawed. Basically, this when the trade goes against you, hits your stop loss, but then comes back. Very frustrating but part and parcel of the game, especially on a strategy that uses tight stops. I lost €25 on that one but as I say, the winners on the horses more than made up for that.

Just one form study bet for today:

2.40 Hereford: Union Saint
Runner-up on second hurdles start for Guillaume Macaire in France in 2011, and off the mark at third handicap attempt when landing 2m Uttoxeter event in July. Up 11 lb but remains of interest.

Back to the financials - I've a few open positions at the moment:



I've sold Brent Crude Oil, hoping for a small bounce down and I've also bought the S&P500 Index. This buy is based on the S&P Gap Trade I've mentioned a number of times on this page. Not in profit on either yet but we will see what today brings.

I'm keeping an eye on the euro against the dollar as I think it's getting a little high. We've a couple of meetings later in the week but I'm starting to feel a bit bearish again and am watching for a good place to sell at.

No comments:

Post a Comment