Trading software

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tuesday's bets, Camelot

Apologies to regular readers for the lack of posts recently, I've been very busy with some things over the past fortnight and haven't got much chance to go online.

I've no form study bets this morning, however I do have a handicap bet which looks a couple of pounds ahead of the assessor. I'm going to go each-way as the price is in double figures in the early forecast tissues. Here's Timeform's comment:

4.35 Listowel - Blue Cannon
Successful in 2m Down Royal maiden last year but limitations exposed after. However, fit from Flat win at Down Royal (2¼m) on Friday and looks the first choice on jockey bookings.

***

On the financial front, I went on a bit of a mad selling spree this morning. I sold the AUD/USD, Brent Crude Oil, Gold, Silver, and the FTSE.

Last week saw a big rise across most markets and I reckon the above look a fair bit overbought and are in line for a correction.  BUT... I'm aware that selling a basket of products like that is a high-risk strategy. If the general mood is risk on again this week, I'll be in trouble so I have stop losses on them all. If we see some profit taking and then the market goes risk-off, it's ka-ching time for me. It would be nice to earn a couple of bob on the financials this week as I had a rough weekend on the horses.

Getting back to the racing, what did everyone make of Camelot on Saturday?



At first, I blamed O'Brien for the ride he gave but on reflection, perhaps the horse just wasn't good enough on the day and couldn't quicken. Perhaps a pacemaker would have made the difference but all credit to the winner - I must admit that the winner wasn't even on my radar. It's a big disappointment for all involved and you've got to feel sorry for them having taken a chance on the St Leger, which is an unpopular route. That's racing for you though, and once again it is proof that there are no certainties in this game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment