Trading software

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

MANU Share price, Thursday's bets

Interesting story on MANU  (Manchester United) shares in the Telegraph yesterday and it seems that there are still a good deal of short sellers:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/9549193/Manchester-United-faces-threat-from-speculators.html

I discussed MANU some time back and considered selling but didn't actually do it. They floated at around $14 and are now down to $12 per share - so perhaps $10 might be a good medium term target for the sellers. I'm not involved but it's one I'll watch with some interest.

***

On the horses, I've just the one form study bet today although it's likely to be odds on. Here's Timeform's comment:

3.25 Sandown - Montiridge
Ramonti half-brother to a winner in USA and out of a mare who was runner-up in German 1000 Guineas. Looked potentially smart when winning hot Newbury maiden in July and looks a big player here.

***

I got stopped out on my gold and silver trades yesterday for a loss of forty quid and twenty quid respectively. Ouch!  I hate losing on gold - especially when I short sell it. Gold is the first product I ever traded so I have a silly liking for it and always feel bad about shorting it, especially when I lose. But on a positive note, I got a beautiful downside gap trade on the S&P500 around 11.30am so I bought the hell out of that and made some money back when it closed. As I type, there's another downside gap open but it's only a couple of points so it's not really worth risking.

Manchester United's Robin Van Persie:


No comments:

Post a Comment