Trading software

Thursday, November 11, 2010

In the top ten

Not sure if I mentioned this before but I entered a trading competition with Market Spreads (the parent company of Sports Spreads).

I'm glad to report that I'm in the top ten (see screenshot). The competition started about a month ago and ends in December. Basically, you are given €5,000 to trade as you please.

This is a great way to learn how to trade without risking your money. The fact that you have a goal (prizemoney) makes it more real than paper trading and I'm happy with my progress.

I've been mainly trading the overall FTSE, DOW, DAX but also some commodities like Gold. I've bought some Oil yesterday which is doing OK so fingers crossed.

My bank is now 147% of what it was which is fairly modest compared to the competition leaders but there's plenty of time left.

I think I'll look out for more competitions like this as it's a great way to learn. Funny enough, the table below is not in proper order so I'm actually fifth rather than ninth place:

No comments:

Post a Comment