Trading software

Sunday, August 8, 2010

One of those days...

The Challenge: to increase my trading bank by 5% per month.

The story so far...

Starting bank: €1,000 (beginning of May 2010)
Target for end August: €1,215.51
Today’s opening bank: €1,448.26
Today’s closing bank: €1,381.22
Today's profit: -€67.04
Today's turnover: €51,323.97



***

Well, I guess I was due a losing day and it came. Not sure what went wrong really as the day started well and I was fifty quid in front at one stage. I hit a couple of bad races and lost ten or twenty quid here and there. I guess it shook my confidence a little and I often find it hard to recover after a number of losing races. Clawed some money back but one particularly bad trade seen me turn my book red for around €70.

At that point, I was starting to get a little angry with the market which is never good and as aggressive trading never works out. I went for a little walk and decided to call it a day as I didn't want to get into a situation where I was chasing. Finished up around 4pm for a loss of €67. It's not the end of the world I guess, just one of those days. Hoping to put in another few hours tomorrow. I've had a good run of it recently so I shouldn't complain but it's always a bummer to close the day on a loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment