Trading software

Monday, August 23, 2010

My first clean sweep!

The Challenge: to increase my trading bank by 5% per month.

The story so far...

Starting bank: €1,000 (beginning of May 2010)
Target for end August: €1,215.51
Today’s opening bank: €1,432.13
Today’s closing bank: €1,481.25
Today's profit/loss: €49.12
Today's turnover: €10,265.97



A big day for me today - not only was the profit very reasonable at €49.12 (my third highest daily total to date), I didn't have any losing races.

I didn't go mad with my stakes, keeping it mainly to 50s and 100s - but I still turned over more than 10K between backs and lays. I didn't feel too pressured because of the small-ish stakes which definitely helped.

I decided to just trade the two daytime meetings and I'll leave the evening alone as I'm getting a little tired.

I was mainly scalping (just getting a tick or two) and generally went for some resistance points trading. I'm pretty pleased with the clean sweep as I had been away from trading for the weekend as best man at my brothers wedding. Normally I'm a bit nervous after a break of a few days but everything just went smoothly. Generally, the bad days are memorable but today is a reminder that there are also times when things just go your way.

The wedding was great by the way, and all the grooms-men were dressed in kilts which was good.


Not sure how much trading I'll get to do this week but this puts me well ahead of the monthly target thankfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment