Trading software

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Staying fit

This doesn’t relate to trading greatly but with the snow now gone, I’ve started running again to keep fit.

I’m not particularly fat or anything – I never really put much weight on at all – but it’s just to stay fit as I have been feeling rusty and tired. This can affect trading and life in general so it’s been good to get back out running now that the snow is gone.
At one time, I used to be very fit and done a lot of Karate/Hurling and other sports. When my daughter came along six years ago, I had just started university and my father got ill so I really had no time for sport. Slowly I let my fitness levels slip.

A couple of years ago, I started running again to get fit as I spend most of my day sitting in front of a computer. It’s amazing how great I feel afterwards and ironically, doing exercise gives me more energy for the day.

I must admit that I let it slip again last year and got lazy. Around November, I started running again but the snow came so I had to stop, but I’ve no excuses now and am back at it.

I’m lucky in some ways as I have some headstarts – Firstly, I never smoked so my breathing etc is pretty good and second, I don’t have much weight on me. So hopefully it won’t be long until I’m back in business and fit again. I’ve been eating a lot healthier in the past few months too. I still enjoy the unhealthy foods now and then and treat myself occasionally - but I'm trying to keep it to a minimum. I think turning 30 a few months back made me realise that now is the time to stop messing about with my health as any damage would be hard to reverse in another decade or two.

I’m going to start some more exercises to tone up next month but for the moment, I just want to get back running and in some sort of shape. I really enjoy it – no matter what worries are on my mind, be they personal, work or trading, they all just disappear for a time when I stick on the MP3 player and hit the road.

As mentioned, my energy levels and concentration are getting better so hopefully it will help me put in some decent trading sessions in the coming weeks and months.

No comments:

Post a Comment