Trading software

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Gold Cup day at Royal Ascot

Morning all,

Just a quick hello as I haven't been posting much lately. I've been extremely busy with a few things and am in the final stages of writing my book so apologies for the lack of blogs.

Done a few bets at Royal Ascot but nothing too big. Was delighted to see Dawn Approach get back to winning ways in the St James's Palace Stakes. I lost quite a bit backing him in the Derby so it was good to get a couple of quid back.

Just having a look at the Gold Cup at Ascot today (3.45) - can't make up my mind between Estimate and Simenon. I might just dutch the two of them which offers an overall price of around 3/1. You don't see too many Willie Mullins horses on the flat and Simenon was a decent hurdler in his day.

I'm a bit conflicted with Estimate as he comes up as a place lay selection for my site www.waynebaileyracing.com  (recently given a re-vamp and now focuses on place lays). I've began proofing them to Racing Index from today so hopefully that will drive some traffic if they continue to produce profit.

Those place lays have been going extremely well this year and show a nice profit of 186pts to Betfair's place SP.

While they are profitable on their own, I'm trying to come up with a way of trading them in-running to reduce the risks. I'll have a play around with them over the next few weeks to see what I can come up with.

I suppose I'll make a decision on the Gold Cup based on prices as the race approaches.

With regards to the financial trading, Bernanke's comments saw the markets drop. The Fed think the economy is improving so they are talking about moving away from quantative easing. What will happen over the next few weeks remains to be seen but it remains an intersting one for traders trying to figure out which way to go. In the much shorter term, there's a decent gap between this morning's price and last night's close which I'm going to try and trade.

Best of luck at Ascot if you are having a bet,

Wayne

S&P500 15min. chart:





No comments:

Post a Comment