Trading software

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Thursday

Hi folks, a couple of bets today. On the form study, I like the look of Willie Mullins' Champagne Agent (3.05 Gowran), priced around 6/5:

Bumper winner and 4-time runner-up over hurdles, most recently 1½ lengths behind High Desert in 15-runner Fairyhouse maiden. Not progressing, though only looks to have Kashline to beat here.

 On the favourites strategy, Willoughby Hedge is the selection at Taunton, priced around 9/4:

Fourth in pair of bumpers in the spring and made a promising start over hurdles when chasing home a couple of useful sorts at Exeter last month. Should improve and got to be high on shortlist here.

Haven't done too much on the financials lately but I still have that trade open on the FTSE as described in Mark Shipman's book:

Big Money, Little Effort: A Winning Strategy for Profitable Long-Term Investment

It's basically a moving average strategy and it's working so far with the trade in profit. However, my gold has gone into decline and the price of an ounce is now $1695. So my open trades in my account have my balance basically floating around zero - with the bad gold position more or less cancelling out my good FTSE position.

But there could be a good gap trade emerging on the S&P500 which I'll probably try around 11.30am. As you can see, I've drawn a line across the chart at last night's closing price. The current price is a few points below that.
The trade here is to basically buy the S&P500 around 11.30am (when the American traders start hitting their desks) and take my profit if/when the gap closes and the price hits last night's close. The stop loss is one and a half times the gap:


No comments:

Post a Comment