Trading software

Monday, September 20, 2010

Feel lucky to have made a profit today

The Challenge: to increase my trading bank by 5% per month.

The story so far...

Starting bank: €1,000 (beginning of May 2010)
Target for end September: €1,276.28
Today’s opening bank: €1,484.75
Today’s closing bank: €1,496.29
Today's profit/loss: +€11.54
Today's turnover: €10,525.41

***

Only started trading late today as I was doing some work in the garden. I feel relieved to have made a profit as found the markets a bit strange today and could get much of a feel for them.

Quite a few markets I entered seemed volatile and while volatility is needed to trade, sometimes it's a curse when you are using a tight stop loss.

I was scalping for one tick today with my stop loss set for 4 ticks. Numerous times, the market zig zagged taking my order, then my stop loss and then returning back to where it was. This can be pretty frustrating to say the least but it happens now and then and you just have to move on. One particular market took twenty quid on me which left my overall profit at €11.54 over 8 markets.

No comments:

Post a Comment